Sunday, December 6, 2009

PICTURE OF THE WEEK 12.6.09



An Unforgettable Man...
I feel the need to have my first Picture of the Week for the month of December be of my grandfather...Mi Papito Jaime. Words cannot express the gratitude and pride that I carry within me because this man is in my life. We have shared so many wonderful memories together and I am so happy to have been able to spend those moments with him, as some of us don't even get to because of our busy lives or just because our gp's pass away before we can ever meet them...and so, I really feel so lucky.

If you have not heard yet, my grandpa's life is quickly deteriorating... He was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 8 yrs or so ago, and it didn't even phase him. He was a soldier. Nobody knew anything...he knew he had many memories left to create with his family and friends =) This year, at 85, he began to get sick and they soon found that it had returned and spread. He has been such a trooper and had such a life that he himself has said "God has been so good to me." I must say that this minuscule dedication on my blog is the least I could do to let others know what he means to me. He has been consistently on my mind for these last weeks and so I wanted to give him his own moment to leave an imprint even on the cyber world, just as he left one in all the lives of those who know/ew him, as he's left one on his country of Colombia, and as he's one in the depths of my heart.

**Miles y miles de besos!**

Lo adoro mi Papito,
**Su Princé

No comments:

Post a Comment